Auckland Rugby International Academy
The Auckland Rugby Academy has structured skill development
programmes for athletes at various developmental stages.
Programmes run throughout the year and players normally spend a minimum of 4 weeks at the academy arriving at the start of each month. We are able to customise programs for larger groups.
· Programmes will be tailored to an individual, group & team’s needs
· Formal player induction on first day -introductions and facility overview
· A small package of training gear (sized accordingly – Canterbury Clothing CCC)
· Formal testing conducted over first three days to ascertain athlete’s ability (body composition, yoyo, speed, FMS, skin fold and medical screening)
· Technical & Tactical skill development work (with elite coaches including one on one time), strength & conditioning, nutrition, and medical programme including physiotherapy support. The opportunity to train alongside our elite Auckland Rugby athletes.
· Full access to our new ARU High Performance Centre at Eden Park; Gymnasium, Medical Consultancy & treatment, Lecture facility and High performance offices. New artificial training facility at Nixon Park for all purpose training
· Formal reporting at the completion of any course, including profile, technical and tactical areas for improvement, Strength and conditioning, Nutrition, match performance & overall summary of time spent in the programme (translated into language of choice)
· Club placement with practical game time at appropriate level. Club pre season starts in March and concludes at the end of July.
Please note: the opportunity to play comprehensive minutes may be effected with short term programmes.
· Provision for a designated interpreter at selected times if/when required.
· Mitre 10 wider training and ARU High Performance Academy interface training available depending on ability level of the incoming athlete or coach.
· Match tickets provided for all Super and M10 Cup games throughout the duration of the course (AB test match tickets available but at additional cost)
Canterbury Crusaders Player Development Program
The Crusaders International Rugby Academy (IHPU) is located in Christchurch - the heart of rugby in New Zealand. The IHPU offers world-class high performance coach and player development programmes.
The Crusaders are the most successful Super Rugby franchise in the 23 year history of the competition, winning their 10th title in 2019.
The Crusaders have been finalists 13 times and playoff finalists in 19 of the past 23 years. The Crusaders are the only Super Rugby team to complete a whole season undefeated, a truly remarkable record.
The Canterbury Rugby team has been the most dominant in the New Zealand domestic rugby competition, winning the National title (The Mitre 10 Cup) 9 out of the last 10 years.
Homestay include breakfast & evening meals Monday - Friday and breakfast & lunch in the weekends
RUGBY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
Our Rugby Development programmes offer fantastic rugby skills training and all the elements needed to improve your game, from nutrition to mental skills seminars. You will be exposed to world class coaches, players and support. You will be placed at a local club to get game time and create lasting memories.
INCLUDED IN ALL PROGRAMMES:
Airport pick up and drop off
Specialist rugby training sessions
Speed & fitness testing
Strength & conditioning programmes
Full gym access
Game analysis opportunities
Individual player reviews
Individual player performance plan
Games, training & membership with a rugby club
Full rugby report at the completion
Certificate of attendance at the Crusaders IHPU
Crusaders International Academy Clothing (Pre-season Program differs)
Full access to view BNZ Crusaders trainings
Opportunity to meet BNZ Crusader players
Attend home BNZ Crusader rugby games
Inside Running Development Program
Live the Dream: Live the life of a full-time professional rugby player
Full-time Training: Our Academy programme is mirrored on how Super Rugby teams train in intensity
Game Experience: All Academy players will take part in club or school rugby where they can test their skills against players of their ability
Skill Development: We have a huge emphasis on skill development at Inside Running Academy. We focus on learning through a specialised micro skills sessions three times per week — and a dedicated field-based skills session three times per week where we focus on learning through games based activity
Strength & Conditioning: Our strength and conditioning programme is focused on functional movement coaching before increasing load. Our first goal with all players is to get them moving effectively in the gym before we add load to build strength and power. All players are tested across key strength and conditioning measures at the start of their academy stay and then again at the conclusion
Leadership & Personal Development: We develop leadership skills by first breaking down the barriers, getting players out of their comfort zone and building a safe environment where everyone feels like they belong and can be themselves. We then start to challenge players to develop their leadership skills through academy training activities
Education: All players will attend workshops on Mental Skills, Game Review, Performance Analysis, Sports Recovery
Continued Development: A plan on how players continue to develop their rugby once they return home. This is our key point of difference, as we see attending Inside Running Academy as development journey.
4-20 week camps
Customized programs for team or small groups
Auckland High Performance Coaching Course
High Performance Coaching Course
Dates yet to be confirmed for 2020
Week 1: Eden Park
•Role Of the Coach
•Principals of Play
•Creating a Team Environment
•Set Piece - Scrum
- Kick Off
•Coaching a Skill/Continuity
- Catch & Pass
- Ball Into Contact
- Vision Decision
- Clean out
•High Performance Planning
• Video Analysis
Classroom and observe Auckland age group trainings
Monday: U12 focus
Tuesday: U14-U16 focus
Wednesday: U18 Focus
Thursday: U20 focus
Canterbury Crusaders Coaching Course
27 April -9 May
• The Crusader Way
• Team attack & defence
• Back attack & defence
• Set piece – scrums & lineouts
• Skill development – run/catch/pass, breakdown, tackle technique, attack & defence shape & more
• Strength & conditioning
• Role of the analyst – game preview & reviews
• Talent identification & player development
• Crusader Academy Environment
• Game planning – principles of play
• High performing teams
• GPS – use of data
• NZ Culture – learn the haka!
• Attend live Crusaders coaching sessions
• Attend live super rugby game
• Attend & coach live Crusader International Academy sessions
Other courses available throughout the year, please enquire for further details